||[Jun. 15th, 2004|12:04 pm]
I'm not usually indecisive, but could use some input. Anyone is allowed to comment.|
It's about choosing between 2 places to go next Saturday (June 26), but I have to decide by Friday. Here's the facts:
Jocelyn invited me, in May, to a party at her house. It's one of those home-sale parties, but the thing being sold is sexual paraphernalia (lingerie, massage oils, etc.) [Anyone who knows me really well can now re-compose themselves at the thought of me going to such a party.]
I told Jocelyn that I would go, not because I was particularly interested in the products, but because many of the people she invited were people I knew from the (Middle Easter)dance community. I thought it would be an opportunity to see some of these people again. And I'm no so much of a prude that looking at lingerie and sexual devices for an hour or so would kill me. It's been on my calendar for a while now.
Julie (another local dance teacher) emailed me yesterday. She's have an end-of-year dance party on the same night. She invited me and asked me if I would dance (like a solo)at it.
Here's the pros and cons:
1) I told Jocelyn I would go. Keeping promises is important to me and I hate when people cancel out on me because they got a better offer. It would run against the grain of who I try to be to ditch Jocelyn for Julie.
2) I did get a cryptic email from Jocelyn yesterday. I told her I was going several weeks ago and we've been emailing back and forth. Then she adds "too bad you can't make it to the party". What party? Does she think I'm not going to hers?
3) I met Julie once on May 22. I've known Jocelyn since 2000. We aren't close friends, but definitely good acquaintances through dance.
4) I did say after Jauhara's party on June 3 that I wished I had the opportunity to do my solo again. I might get better with practice, on the other hand, I could blow it and look stupid in front of Julie and who ever else is at this party. Jocelyn's party carries no chance to improve myself, but also no risk of failure.
5) Both parties will probably have food and drinks. Both will have people from the dance community. My quest to find someone who is teaching this summer and figure out who I want to take lessons from in the fall could be helped by going to either place.
6) Jocelyn's party will have products that I have no interest in buying. At Julie's, I'll get to watch other dancers.
7) In terms of driving time, Julie is about a 35 minute drive and Jocelyn is 60 minutes. (This actually isn't a high priority factor.)