||[Jun. 23rd, 2004|01:29 pm]
It sounds easy enough - Monday, I fasted (i.e. abstained) from TV. Yesterday, I fasted from Live Journal. Neither was hard in the way that stopping drinking or smoking would be, or even fasting like the 30 Hour Famine. However, I really learned how much these stupid things control me.|
The hardest thing on Monday was not turning on Trading Spaces at 4:00. (Monday is my day at home.) To stay away from the TV Monday night, I got semi-caught up on my email. (Inbox went from 70 to 35 messages.)
Yesterday was weird, not logging in every time I was bored. Instead, I went through some of the paper in my in-box.
Tried to go to Rockland Textiles last night to kill time before the meeting. However, I got there at 5:45 and it closed at 6:00. (I've gotten caught in that muddle before.) I heard that C+M has as much as Rockland, so maybe I'll drop by on Friday on my way home from work. (Assuming it doesn't close at 6:00 on a Friday night ...)
Off to Writer's Group tonight. I put on a clean suit to come to work this morning. About 9:00 I discovered something stuck to the front of me that bore a resemblance to oatmeal. I don't eat oatmeal, but I did hug and kiss goodbye someone who does. Memo to self - in the future, only hug and kiss people with clean hands and faces before leaving the house.
Finally, a Meme about your state/province of residence. Stolen from mszimbolist
1) go to google.com and type in "You know you're from (your state here) if..."
2) pick out whatever you wish and bold the ones that apply to you.
3) post it in an entry.
4) have your friends do it themselves!
You know you're from Ontario when........
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
2. "Vacation" means going to Barrie
3. You measure distance in hours.
4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once. (Except for the more than once.)
5. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
6. You use a down comforter in the summer.
7. Your grandparents drive at 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching. (Was this writetn by an American? :) Who measured speed in mph in Ontario?)
8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both doors unlocked.
10. You think of major food groups as deer meat, fish and berries.
11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
12. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot of Canadian Tire at any given time.
13. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. (Not my kid's - but mine were like this when I was a kid.)
14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. (Sad, but true in some places)
15. You think lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas.
16. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, construction.
17. It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you are in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town. (Not three hours - but I have gone to the grocery store 30 minutes away instead of the one that's 5, because it's easier in the long run.)